Statutory minimum entry requirements for teacher training
Prior to starting a teacher training course, all candidates for courses must have:
- achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C or 4 in the GCSE examination in Mathematics
- achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C or 4 in the GCSE examination in English Language
- a degree of a UK higher education institution or equivalent qualification. It is a requirement that candidates seeking a funded place will have achieved an Honours degree at 2:2 or higher and it is the expectation that most Wokingham Federation trainees will have at least a 2:1.
If any of your qualifications were obtained overseas, you must contact UK ENIC (https://www.enic.org.uk/) and obtain a statement confirming the equivalency of the qualification(s).
If any of your qualifications are other than the standard GCSE or O levels, we recommend that you contact the University of Reading to obtain advice on equivalence prior to application.
In addition, all those applying for teacher training must:
- obtain, if accepted, an enhanced DBS disclosure and any other required clearances
- complete DfE provisional registration requirements.
- meet the requirements for ‘physical and mental fitness to teach’
Please visit the Get into Teaching website for information about teacher training in general. Information about the Primary course that is offered by the Federation can be found at UoR Primary School Direct and information about the Secondary course can be found at UoR Secondary School Direct.
For administrative questions, please contact the University of Reading School Direct administration team on [email protected].
For more information on tuition fee loans, please see Student Finance England.
If you have any questions about School Direct with the Wokingham Federation, please email Federation Manager Julian Bushell, [email protected]
The Wokingham Federation is fully committed to equal opportunities.