All Federation NQTs, with the exception of Bohunt’s which works with TESLA, will be registered with Wokingham Local Authority as the statutory Appropriate Body. Much information from Wokingham Borough Council can be found at http://wsh.wokingham.gov.uk/professional-development/nqt-information/ .
High quality Continual Professional Development (CPD) and professional training for teachers in their first year of teaching helps create outstanding teachers. The Federation’s Secondary NQT training programme is a significant element of the package provided to NQTs in Wokingham. Enhancing the support provided in schools, the facilitators used are all experts practitioners who share their knowledge and inspire the participants.
Feedback from last year’s training:
- Behaviour for Learning: Jeremy Crawley did an excellent presentation.
- Wellbeing: I took away ideas which helped with my work life balance.
- Teaching and learning in an active environment: Some good ideas gained from the session that I then used in my teaching.
- Questioning: Many of the activities were good to take away.
- EAL: It was interesting and potentially useful for later on in my career.
- Transition: This was a useful and informative session.
- NQT teachmeet: A valuable session; one of the most engaging of the year!
The programme for 2020 – 2021 is listed below.NQT Training Programme 2020 - 2021
For more information, please contact the Federation Manager, Julian Bushell, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.