Statutory minimum entry requirements for teacher training
Prior to starting a teacher training course, all candidates for School Direct courses must have:
- achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C or 4 in the GCSE examination in Mathematics
- achieved a standard equivalent to a grade C or 4 in the GCSE examination in English Language
- a degree of a UK higher education institution or equivalent qualification. It is a requirement that candidates seeking a funded place will have achieved an Honours degree at 2:2 or higher and it is the expectation that most Wokingham Federation trainees will have at least a 2:1.
If any of your qualifications were obtained overseas, you must contact NARIC (www.naric.org.uk) and obtain a statement confirming the equivalency of the qualification(s).
If any of your qualifications are other than the standard GCSE or O levels, we recommend that you contact the University of Reading to obtain advice on equivalence prior to application.
In addition, all those applying for teacher training must:
- obtain, if accepted, an enhanced DBS disclosure and any other required clearances
- complete DfE provisional registration requirements.
- meet the requirements for ‘physical and mental fitness to teach’
For administrative questions, please contact the University of Reading School Direct administration team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on tuition fee loans, please see Student Finance England.
If you have any questions about School Direct with the Wokingham Federation, please email Federation Manager Julian Bushell, email@example.com
The Wokingham Federation is fully committed to equal opportunities.